1. Contacting Us1.1 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller in respect of any personal data that you submit to us on our Site is THQ (UK) Limited, a company incorporated under English law (company number 2703913) and whose registered office is at Ground Floor, Block A, Duke's Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, United Kingdom.
THQ (UK) Limited
Ground Floor, Block A, Dukes Court
2. The information we collect from you2.1 In order to give you the best experience on this Site, THQ may collect personal information from you. The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
(a) information that you provide to us in connection with any one of the following features or services on the Site: when you register on the Site; any warranty and/or game-specific registration; newsletter subscription; general, technical or product support; online store; product, service and/or subscription orders; competitions or prize draws; polls, surveys, or questionnaires; message boards or forums; community websites and features; and/or use of THQ software, mobile or online services, where personal information is required for use and/or participation. The types and amount of personal information collected for these activities will vary depending on the activity but may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and (for those purchasing products online) credit card information including billing and shipping addresses. For some activities, we may ask you to create a username and password and to provide other information such as your age or date of birth, gender, game and platform preferences (including information about the games and hardware you own), hobbies and interests, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, Steam ID, PlayStation Network ID, Games for Windows LIVE ID, Xbox Live Gamertag, game play statistics, game achievements, game scores, game replays and system technical specifications;
(b) information from some third party social networking services such as Twitter and Facebook who may provide us access to the personal and non-personal information you have provided to them, including your account ID with those services, your name, email address, telephone number, uploaded pictures, friends and family. Such third party information shall only be used for purposes consistent with those stated in this policy. For more on how we use your information, please read the section on use below;
(c) information about your usage of the Site, including but not limited to your IP address (an IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider and can be used to identify your computer when you log on), geographical location, browser type, screen resolution, length of visit, number of page views and generally tracking your movements around the Site. We may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis to collect this information. This information may also be collected by cookies that are installed by the Site. Please see the section on cookies below for more information;
(d) information about you from e-mails or letters that you send to us, including personal information that you voluntarily submit to us via e-mail when contacting customer services. For example, we provide on this Site a link through which an online visitor can send an e-mail to our technical support staff addressing any issue a user encounters with a THQ product or to account support if you require help with your myTHQ account or have feedback for us;
(e) other aggregated information collected passively by THQ in the form of logs (files that record website activity, including but not limited to how many “hits” a particular web page is getting, sometimes referred to as “click-through data”) which are generated anonymously; and
(a) in order to register you as a user of this Site and or to provide services to you (including but not limited to administering competitions and/or prize draws that you enter via the Site);
(b) to process payment for any products or services which you purchase from us on the Site;
(c) to help us understand customer trends and patterns and to ensure that content on our Site is presented in the most effective way (including but not limited to assessing overall site activity, tracking interest in particular portions of the Site, identifying the type of browser you are using, assessing any troubleshoot technical concerns and generally administering, improving and developing our Site);
(d) to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters and other marketing communications that either you request from us or which you consent to by opting in when completing a registration form on the Site. You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing at the address above, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the marketing communication that you receive;
(e) to respond to any queries you may have including but not limited to any emails or letters you send to customer service. This information is used by THQ for the sole purpose of responding to your question. Although most e-mail messages are deleted immediately after they are responded to, in certain cases hard copies or data from certain e-mail correspondence may be kept on file for security purposes. Any such copy or data will be stored in a secure location, and information from these messages will not be used for marketing purposes; and
(f) for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the products and services that we provide. Your data, together with that of other users of this Site, may be aggregated (e.g. by postcode or age) for the purpose of building statistical and analytical reports. At no time will your data be individually identifiable in such reports.
4. What happens if I choose not to give my personal information?4.1 If you choose not to submit personal information when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities on this Site and may considerably limit the services we can provide you. For example, if you refuse to provide your email address when registering, you will be unable to register for myTHQ and will not be able to enter competitions and receive our newsletter and other communications.
5. Cookies5.1 When you visit this Site we may send “cookies” to your computer primarily to enhance your on-line experience. “Cookies” are small files or record-keeping devices that websites often store on a user’s computer in order to identify them as a unique customer and store personal preferences as well as technical information. Cookies allow us to monitor website traffic, improve the Site’s usability and to personalise the content of the Site for you. For further information on the types of information that we will collect using cookies, please refer to clause 2.1(c) above.
6.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of this Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
6.3 We may share information about visitors to this Site in aggregate with third parties including advertisers, business partners and sponsors, to understand customer trends and patterns and manage and improve our business relationships. Please be assured that such information will be anonymous and will contain no personally identifiable information about you, or any other user of this Site. We may also share your details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain professional advice.
7. Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & Ad-servers7.1 Occasionally, the Site may contain links to other websites where information practices may be different to ours. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement, the “click” may take you off this Site. This includes links from advertisers, channel sponsors and partners that may use our logos as part of a co-branding agreement. You should consult these third party websites’ privacy notices and terms and conditions as we are not responsible for and have no control over and accept no liability for information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
8. Children and this Site8.1 It is important to us that children can enjoy this Site in a responsible fashion. We, therefore, encourage children to consult with their parents before providing personal information and require that applicants who are under 14 years of age get parental consent before using this Site. As such we may refuse to allow registration on this Site by children under 14 years of age. If a child below the age of 14 would like to access content only available through registration, their parent should register on this Site themselves and access the content for their child, thereby supervising their child’s online activities whilst on this Site.
8.2 We further encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also help prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
9. SecurityAlthough absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, please be assured that we take reasonable steps in line with legal and technical developments to guard against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under THQ's control. We will continue to maintain and improve these measures over time. Personal information collected by THQ and third party data processors appointed on our behalf is stored in secure operating environments that are designed so as not to be available to the public. In many instances the personal information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction.
11. Access to your informationYou can contact us at any time by e-mail at email@example.com and request to see the personal information we have collected through this Site which relates to you, and in some cases, your children, and to ask us to make any necessary changes to correct or update your information. To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.